Monday, January 2, 2012

Tolu's Houston Christmas

Hey Everyone!

Tolu here! I want to tell you about my amazing Christmas break. It was great to go home to Houston for five days to see my family and friends. I treasured every minute, because I don’t get to see my family very often during the season.

I spent most of my Christmas break shopping with my family; we went to theGalleria every day but Christmas. Don’t judge my time management, though – I did most of my shopping before I flew home; I just wanted to pick up a few things for myself! Going to theGalleria was a great time of hanging out with my brother, sister, and best friend. I bought a lot of clothes for myself and my brother, of course, got a ton of games for his Xbox.

Okay, now you can judge, because what I’m about to tell you is funny. I actually didn’t wrap my Christmas presents until Christmas morning! So pretty much, I wrapped them, we went to church, and then we unwrapped them! Ooops! I will say that they were very well wrapped, though; I do a good job. ☺ The best gift I gave was probably the black suede pumps I got for my sister; she was really excited about them. For me, though, the best gift I received was just the opportunity to be home and be able to see my family. Not that I don’t love being at Liberty, but not everyone has the chance to go home for Christmas and I’m glad that I do.

Back to my Christmas...my family’s big tradition is to have a huge meal on Christmas day. It’s just my immediate family, and this year, we cooked everything on Christmas Eve – turkey, fried rice, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese...everything! I helped out with every dish, but the mac and cheese was my claim to fame. It was a great time of celebrating Jesus' birth and being thankful for all God has blessed us with!

Anyway, sorry to cut this short, but I have to run to a film session; gotta keep getting better!

Go Flames!

Tolu