Hey Everyone!
Every game day we have someone who is chosen to do a devotional with the team, and I would really like to share what one of them taught us because it has been extremely applicable my life in this past week, as well as the lives of my teammates.
I am a freshman in college this year, so it is definitely full of new and exciting experiences. I absolutely love everything about Liberty, and my teammates are seriously the best I could ever ask for, but there are a lot of struggles along with the great things, just like everything else in life.
Kelley Deyo did the devotional before our High Point game, and I really liked what she had to say about hard times. I have personally had the opportunity to speak with her about everything that is going on in her life, and it has been an absolute blessing to hear how God has constantly been there for her family these past few months. The analogy she used in her devotional was purifying silver. The silver has to be placed in intense heat and all of the bad things are brought to the top where the refiner scoops it all out. When it seems like all of the impure things have been removed, something else comes to the top the needs to be gotten rid of.
It looks as if God is doing the same thing in our team right now. He is turning up the heat. With two practices a day, weights, film, meetings, five billion ice tubs, and injuries, it can be hard to keep in perspective all that God has for us as a team and as individuals in His kingdom. It is difficult at the time, but it is refining us as basketball players and turning us into adults that will glorify Him and His kingdom. This past week has been very difficult for me, and I feel God turning up the heat. It’s hard, but I know that God has greater plans for me, and I know that I will become a better person because of it.
I can’t wait to see how God is going to use the struggles on our team to make us better people and better players in order to bring Him the glory. God has great plans for the Liberty Flames, and I am so excited to see them unfold.
-Ashley #55
