I’m going to tell you about our road trip to Myrtle Beach and Charleston! Myrtle Beach is about six hours away and I know this might sound odd, but I really like the long road trips! It’s fun to be on the bus, because Katelyn and I watch movies the whole time. This particular trip, our manager Steve really wanted to watch movies with us and so we made him watch chick flicks. He was super excited (no, seriously, he was thrilled!) to watch 27 Dresses, because he likes Katherine Heigl.
Anyway, on to the AWESOME resort we stayed in at Myrtle Beach. It was located right on the beach! We were in rooms that were like condos; they had a living space and a dishwasher and everything. I got to room with Tolu, which was really fun. One night we stayed up watching the Kardashians for a really long time! The second night, Tolu, Jasmine, Katelyn, Laura and I all walked along the beach, went hot tubbing in the hot tub by the beach, and followed that up with a trip to the steam room, sauna, and indoor pool. At that point, we still hadn’t had enough water, so we went to the outdoor pool where we found Ashley and Ellee. Laura tried to do some handstands in the pool and we made fun of her, because she’s super short (she’s our manager) and so her legs didn’t stick very far out of the water! We ended up finishing our night off with a jaunt to the hot tub by our actual building and found Coach Bloodworth, Sarah, Avery, Devon, and Amber. At least I think that is who was there - my glasses were so steamed up I could barely see! It was a giant Liberty party in the hot tub, though, and the best part was that the hot tub was so huge that we weren’t crowded at all!
I feel like I need to use this last paragraph as a shout out to someone that Katelyn and I (jokingly) torment on our road trips. Matt, our manager, is super nice and always brings us waters from the cooler in the back of the bus whenever we want them. We are sometimes are kind of demanding and the joke is that someday we are going to go up to him on campus when he’s hanging out with his friends and tell him, “Matt, I’d like a water in my locker before practice today; it needs to be toweled off (the sit in ice in the cooler and are all wet on the outside!) and ready to drink.” …Matt, we just want you to know that we appreciate you!
-Catherine, #44
