Monday, January 15, 2018

Getting to Know Emily Lytle

Hello,

My name is Emily Lytle and I am a redshirt sophomore. I transferred from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock where I also played basketball. I was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee, with seven other siblings and two amazing parents who truly love the Lord. I love pets, so I have two cats and a dog at home.

Things to know about me: 
  • I am the youngest of eight kids and people usually ask me if I am spoiled because of that
  • My whole family has played and is playing basketball, which is probably why I am playing since being around the sport so much has made me enjoy it 
  • I love to watch Anime and Law and Order SVU
  • I like to draw, paint and watercolor
  • I’m learning to play the ukulele

Not many people know this about me, but I was homeschooled until my freshman year of high school. I played for a homeschool team called MHEA (Memphis Homeschooled Education Association) and let me just say that those were some of the best days of my life. I got to play on a team with my dad being the assistant coach and my three sisters being my teammates. It is funny because high schools would make fun of us for being homeschooled until we would blow them out the on the court. But, the best part of it was that we even had a 3-point contest, a dunk contest, Tip-off, Regionals, and National Tournament where all 360 homeschooled teams would compete for the championship - the whole thing was just awesome. I am glad I will forever have those memories.

God Bless and Go Flames,

-Emily Lytle #23