Hi Everyone,
My name is Ria Gulley and I am a redshirt sophomore. I transferred here just this year from Indiana University. I am originally from San Antonio, Texas. A few hobbies of mine include sports, photography, art, and reading. My major is finance and I intend to pursue corporate financial advising/planning.
Back in the day, I had an art teacher who changed my life and the way I see things. She was self-taught and very successful. She helped me realize that everything is art. One time I was painting a beautiful woman’s face on a wooden box. After I finished the nose, I saw it was too big. I hung my head and wanted to start over. My seventh-grade self forlornly brought up the box to her desk and she laughed and made some major slashes across her face. I was shocked. I thought she had ruined it even more than I already had. Then she said “you can add a masquerade mask”. It was a long process, but I did. It ended up exceeding my original expectations.
She taught me that things may not go as planned, but they have the potential to end up even better than anticipated.God is kind of the same way. I thought I would have a wonderful experience at Indiana University as I began my college career. That was not the case. God had my life wrecked and turned upside down in Bloomington, Indiana before I could make it to a school that would exceed expectations: Liberty University.
She taught me that things may not go as planned, but they have the potential to end up even better than anticipated.God is kind of the same way. I thought I would have a wonderful experience at Indiana University as I began my college career. That was not the case. God had my life wrecked and turned upside down in Bloomington, Indiana before I could make it to a school that would exceed expectations: Liberty University.
Go Flames!
-Ria Gulley #2
