Monday, December 15, 2014

Sibling Duo

Hey y'all! My name is Jaymee Fisher-Davis. AKA Jay, JaymeeEffDee, JFD, or whatever else you’d like to call me. I’m in my junior year here at Liberty (ahhh can’t believe I’m getting so old!).

Fun fact…I’m from Charlotte, NC so if you ever hear me say “704”, it’s because that’s the area code in Charlotte and I’m always reppin my city of course!

So far we’ve had a few fun road trips this year, but I wanted to mention my absolute favorite moment on the road so far. We had a Thanksgiving tournament in Atlanta at Georgia State University and we won (#PraiseHim), but that wasn’t the highlight of my trip.

My younger brother Matthew plays basketball at Vanderbilt University. Even though he’s just a freshman he gets a lot of playing time! So after our win against Penn State everyone was so hyped, because it was a big win for our program. Naturally, I was excited too, but I was even more excited because my brother was playing the same night and I couldn’t wait to watch his game on TV. So as soon as we got back to the hotel, we all went to our manager Hannah’s suite and ate dinner. I got the remote and turned on my brother’s game and we all watched him play! It was so cool getting the opportunity to watch my brother play a game that I love (basketball) with some of the people that I love (my teammates). Unfortunately, my brother’s team lost by 3, but it was a really good game! And just in case you guys want to check him out he’s #5 on Vanderbilt’s team.

After the game, my teammate Simone and I went and played spades with her parents. That was really fun, too!

Well, that was my favorite moment on the road so far! Hope to catch you guys at some of the games this year!

GO LADY FLAMES!!!!

-Jaymee Fisher-Davis #10