Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Flying Potato

As Christmas break ends and school is starting again, I have been thinking of all the fun things that happened over Christmas break for the Women's Basketball team. We had the amazing opportunity to spend hours upon hours together in practices and weights, and ice rubs and film. We had a Christmas party where we exchanged gifts and even flew to Minnesota for a classic where we were able to play then number one team in the country! 

There is one intangible however that sticks out to be this particular break.

Anyone one that knows me knows that I laugh at pretty much anything. Well, a little while back Cat showed me a video that I could not get enough of. It's a 6 second video of a little boy singing "a potato flew around the room" and the whole video is a potato tied to a string on a ceiling fan flying around the room. I'm not sure if I was just really tired or what, but I lost it and every time I saw it I would just laugh for at least 10 minutes.

Over the break after one of our practices I was in my room and I received an urgent call from Cat to come into the quad. Not knowing what was going on, I slowly made my way out there and saw a few people laughing with their phones out. I turned the corner and saw a potato attached to the ceiling fan and it was flying! Needless to say that was one of the best laughs I had all break!

Go Flames!

-Mickayla Sanders #1