Hey, Hey!
My name is Mikal Johnson and I am a junior
guard from Manassas, Virginia. I transferred this year to Liberty from Rider
University, so I am currently in my redshirt year. Transferring to a new
university was, at first, overwhelming. I came to a new school, new teammates,
new area, new everything! On the first day of classes, I searched around for at
least 30 minutes trying to find each classroom. I felt like a freshman all over
again. It didn’t take long to get adjusted though, because my teammates made me
feel at home.
Since I can’t play in games this
year due to transfer rules, my role is bringing a lot of energy to the team. Before
every game, Emily Frazier and I are the ones jumping up and down in the locker
room trying to get everyone hyped, but everyone usually just kind of looks at
us at like we’re crazy!
Besides bringing a lot of energy,
something else I’m probably famous for on our team is giving everyone random
nicknames. I always call Candice “Candieeee”, Simone “Money-Mone”, Karly
“Korrrly”, and Sadalia “Siddy-Sid”. I usually say the names loud and
obnoxiously just to get the full effect!
Although you won’t be seeing me on
the court until next year, I’ll be easily spotted on the bench getting “hyped”
during games. Our team has worked so hard this off-season, and I can’t wait to
see what God has in store for us!
Go Flames!
-Mikal Johnson #5
