Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Favorite Shooting Game - "Taps"

Coach Sherard here...

For all of you that don’t know, this is my 5th year on staff with Carey Green and Liberty Women’s Basketball and I'm loving every minute of it. The staff, players, support staff and managers make it a joy to come into work everyday.

I wanted to talk about a few things behind the scenes that a lot of you may not know. Every day before practice we play a shooting game called “Taps”. Basically, the objective of the game is to make as many 3s as you can, and if a 3 is missed, you have to Tap (alley-oop) it in, in order to get another chance to shoot.

Our head manager, Steven Tuan, could not make a 3 ball to save his life 2 years ago, and today is a lights out shooter…probably the best shooting manager in the country.

Our Director of Basketball Operations, Sarah Boruta, despite her soft demeanor and slight frame, is a sharp-shooting terminator!

It is so interesting to have people like this on staff, because the fans would never see them on the court, but little do they know, they could shoot with the best of them, even on our team!! LOL!!

In addition to shooting stars in our office, our graduate assistant, Sam Choi, serves as my personal chiropractor...he says he has no background in this profession, but I beg to differ…he can crack a back with one hand. ...There are not too many places you can witness big time shooting by non-players and compete against them, and have your back adjusted anytime you need it!

LIBERTY WOMEN'S BASKETBALL has a place for everyone, and I'm glad I found where I belong! It's a blessing to be part of this program; come to our games and check us out!

Grace and Peace,

Coach Sherard