Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On the Road Again...

...Just can’t wait to get on the road again!

Hellooo Everyone, Coach Blood here! ☺

Welcome to our 2011-12 season! I’m happy to say that we are a perfect 1-0 this year with an opening win at UNCG on Friday night. It was awesome to see the girls’ hard work and teamwork result in a victory.

That brings me to the meat of what I wanted to share with you…a glimpse into Lady Flames road trips. They start with the best bus driver, newly “Santa-ized” (beard and mustache) Ron. ☺ …It’s always interesting to see what seat each person adopts for the year – and what each person does during the bus ride.

Napping is a favorite of Danika, Devon and Kendra. Homework is common for Brittany and Tolu. And, I caught freshmen Reagan and Katelyn watching Gilmore Girls and Raising Helen on their laptops. You can’t forget Internet surfing/facebook/twitter fun as our bus has wireless Internet available. Sarah, Theresa (our athletic trainer), Steve (our head manager), and Jamie Hall (Lady Flames radio announcer) had a competitive card game of Spades going (I’m feeling some Euchre on future trips!).

And last (and probably least – lol) is Coach Green’s favorite – the HUNTING Channel on our bus television! For probably the first time in my 5 years at Liberty, I think we were ALL watching the other day while driving to pre-game meal! A female sniper lured a coyote out of the desert and when the shot rang out and connected from 800 yards away, we were all shocked…and impressed. We all laughed at our in-unison response, similar to seeing Reagan’s first punch on film on her And-1 play. …Film sessions and reactions to big plays…maybe those will be future blogs…until then, I’m looking forward to many more fun and successful road trips this season.

-Coach Blood
Heb. 12:1

P.S. Be sure to come watch our home opener tonight at 7pm vs VCU!!!