Christmas is coming!!!!! Well, actually Christmas has been coming to my quad for quite awhile! I live with Ashley, Catherine, and Reagan, and Catherine and Reagan have listening to Christmas music since October! Over Thanksgiving, Catherine decorated our quad – putting lights everywhere and hanging decorations from the ceiling. She even put up a Christmas tree!
Now that it’s after Thanksgiving, I feel like it is acceptable to talk about and decorate for Christmas, and I have to say that I am really excited as well. Reagan’s mom made us all stockings with our initials on them, and we are going to fill each other’s stockings with goodies – how fun is that??
Our plan is to have a Christmas dinner together right before we leave for break. I’m not exactly sure what we’re going to make for dinner, since we are all from different parts of the country and have different family traditions. However, I think I am going to make an executive decision right now and say that we will create our own traditions, since we are like our own little family. ☺ I guarantee you that there will be some ugly Christmas sweaters at the dinner, though, just because ugly sweaters are pretty much a universal Christmas treat!
In preparation for Christmas, we have been watching all of the Christmas movies on TV. There are soooo many good movies on, but obviously, the classic is Elf. I’d tell you what my favorite line of that movie is, but there are just too many great lines to choose from! I will say, though, that I love it when Buddy is singing with Jovi and when Buddy first experiences New York!
I hope that you are as excited for Christmas as I am! I also hope that during the holidays, you will remember the real reason for Christmas, because we wouldn’t have anything to celebrate if it wasn’t for Jesus’ birth!
Go Flames!
Katelyn
