What’s up Ya’ll?! Hey, Ellee here, practicing my new southern lingo, no big deal. Since I lived in the country of Bulgaria as a missionary’s kid for the first half of my life and then also last year, lingo has been a bit of a diverse area of my life. I think I’m liking the low and slow Lynchburg twang. It has been such a blessing to be down here at LU. Everything about college is new and different and I love it. One thing that hasn’t changed, though, is my love for basketball.
After having played the beautiful game all through my life, and even last year on some Bulgarian teams, I couldn’t see myself just dropping it cold-turkey once I headed off to college. I figured I’d just try out for the team! Without knowing how beastly the team was or what a Division I team is really like, I contacted the coaches and showed up on tryout day - typical freshman move. All I knew was that this was my one shot, and I would regret it forever if I didn’t just try.
‘To God be the Glory’, the coaches saw potential in me and accepted me onto the team! It has been such an adventure so far and I am so humbled and thankful for the opportunity. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if it’s all still real - and then coach sends us to the end line to run a 22 and I realize it’s quite real! Even the hard parts like running and lifting are a joy -they may not be pleasurable in the moment, but to train under such dedicated coaches and alongside such talented teammates is an honor and privilege.
Walking on is still a walk of faith every day as I try to contribute and give my best to help the team. I have a different sort of role on the team which can have it’s unique challenges, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m learning so much and making great memories! The best part has been the chance to represent God by having an ‘Audience of One’ whenever I play and giving Him the glory no matter the outcome at the end of the day. What an opportunity...I am so thankful! Catch ya’ll later!
Go Flames!
Ellee
