It's crazy to think that at one point in time I wasn't aware of the existence of Liberty University. I'm a freshman this year and a city girl from Phoenix, Arizona, and no, Arizona isn't just made of dirt. I'm going to tell you a bit about how I ended up here at Liberty.
I played for a club team called the AZ Mavericks and during the entire 2018 club season, we traveled all over the East Coast so we could be scouted by college coaches. The summer was long and exhausting, but it was fun while it lasted. When the club season cooled down a little after the last big tournament, I received messages and calls from coaches.
I remember one evening, I got a call from Coach Alexis. He went on and on, talking about Liberty University and how great it was. I instantly took a liking for Liberty after the first three phone calls, though I started to have doubts because of its location in Virginia. But, between hearing how great Liberty University was and the rising temperatures in Arizona, I decided to go on an official visit.Long story short, after I visited Liberty, I canceled all of the rest of my official visits at different universities. I don't really feel it's necessary to go in depth about the visit and how beautiful the experience was, because if you have taken a liking to Liberty enough to read this blog, then you know how different this school is. It took the basketball program one day to make me feel completely comfortable and three days to make me feel like I can take college head on. This team is my family now and I have never questioned my commitment here since.
Go Flames!
-Anjanae Mueck, #0
