Monday, January 21, 2019

Getting to Know Ria

My name is Ria Gulley and I am from San Antonio, Texas. I am a redshirt sophomore and my favorite food is the  fruit dip from McAlister’s Deli and strawberries. I have 7 brothers and sisters, a cavalier king charles spaniel, and a long haired chihuahua. We have a few cats as well but I don’t count them because they are mainly outside and sometimes they run away. Most of my brothers and sisters played basketball, so I was pretty much forced into it. I wanted to play soccer but my grandma didn’t want to sit outside in the Texas heat. I spent my freshman year of college playing at Indiana University. I decided to transfer to Liberty to learn more about Jesus and how to defend my faith in this world.

I spend every summer traveling. This past summer I was able to go to Miami, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos with some of my best friends. I met my very best friend in third grade when she moved to San Antonio from Miami. Ever since then, we clicked. She was musically gifted and I was book smart, but both of us loved athletics and were rather lazy. As we grew older, our schedules started to clash more often and we couldn’t be together as often. We also only had third grade, Spanish in seventh grade, and 1 semester of a health class senior year together. However, we did and still do, live in the same neighborhood, so I would always go on runs to her house. Now that we are both in college, we really only see each other for a little bit in May and for a couple of days around Christmas.

Fun Facts:

1.  I collect hotel pens.

2.  While I took a break from writing this, I was holding 2 cups of very hot water to make some hot chocolate with. I was trying to leave the elevator once it got to my floor, but I guess the door sensors didn’t sense me and the door continued to close on my left arm as I was slowly walking out, trying not to spill my hot water. The water from the left cup splashed onto my right arm and I screamed, set my cups down gently on the floor and ran down the hallway. My arm is now covered in burn marks, but the hot chocolate was good.

Go Flames!

-Ria Gulley #2