Hello Everyone!
We’re
five games into the 2017-2018 season, and so far things have been going great!
This group of girls is really amazing, and everyone gets along really well,
both on and off the court. The freshman and transfers bring a ton of energy to
the team, and its fun to joke around with them when we’re traveling.
We recently traveled to Amherst, Massachusetts
for our Thanksgiving tournament at UMass Amherst. This trip was particularly
exciting for me, as Massachusetts is my home state! I live about two hours from
Amherst, but even being that close was awesome. A lot of people I went to high
school with currently go to UMass Amherst, so it was cool to finally see the
school. Since I’ve been at Liberty, the next closest place we’ve played at was
probably either Villanova or Navy, and even then that's a pretty substantial
drive from my home. Being in Massachusetts was great; my parents and sisters
were able to come to the game on Saturday and it was so nice to be able to see
them around Thanksgiving. My freshman year the team was at a tournament in Las
Vegas, and then last year we were in Indiana to play Valparaiso, so this was a
great treat. I was even able to eat a Thanksgiving meal with them on Saturday
night, after our last game versus UMass.
Spending
time with the team was super fun as well. Tatyana brought UNO cards, and games
got pretty competitive in the hotel. Overall, although it would have been
better to go home with two wins, the trip to Massachusetts was special. I hope
all of you had an enjoyable holiday as well!
Thank you and Go Flames!!
-Molly Reagan, #40
