Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What Happens in Vegas...

Hi Everyone,            

For Thanksgiving this year we were in Las Vegas for the South Point Shootout.  I was excited because it was my fist time in Vegas and I wanted to see what the hype was about. 

While we were there we played basketball, of course, but we also saw the Hoover Dam, walked the Strip, and went Caesars Palace. I also got to spend sometime with my family, because they flew out from Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with me. It was so nice to have my parents and brother came out to support the team and enjoy Vegas. I hadn't seen them in a while and it was great to hang out and have dinner with them.  

During the shootout we played 2 of the top teams in the country - Ohio State and California. Although we didn’t get the result we wanted in either game, we competed hard against both teams and almost won each game. However, chances are that you already know about our games, so what I'm going to talk about is our time off the court!

When we went to the Hoover Dam, I thought it was pretty cool because I have never been there and it was like being in two places at once since we were on the state line separating Nevada and Arizona.

After the Hoover Dam, we went sightseeing on the Strip.  I loved it because the whole city was lit up by all of the different buildings. As we were walking the strip we stopped in front of the Bellagio, a really nice hotel, to look at their water fountains, which has a show where water shoots up to the tune of the music playing outside the hotel.  Walking on the strip explained why people say “the city never sleeps", as there is always something going on!

To end our late night in Vegas we went to Caesars Palace to see a variety show. The show was really good because they had some talented people, but I have to say the best part is when Coach Green was on stage. It was a random selection of 4 guys out of the crowd to be a part of an act and he was selected! When he was on stage he had an old man mask on and they told him to act as a music director as they played a song. As the music began playing and he began conducting, the mouth of his mask started moving like he was singing. We were cracking up!  

He also was in a balloon-popping contest and it was by far the funniest thing. He had to blow up 3 balloons with the mask on and then pop then with his butt before the 3 other guys.  At the beginning he was struggling to blow the first balloon, but once it blew it up and popped it he got the hang of it and won the contest.  Watching him up there was so funny because CG is not the goofy/silly type of guy, so the team got a real kick out of watching him up there.  Unfortunately, we could not record during the show, but if we could he would have definitely been on everyone’s Snapchat.  It was a great way to end our last day in Vegas!
           
Thanks for reading,

Candice Leatherwood, #2