Any one that follows Women’s Basketball knows about the incredible Big Three. They are our powerhouse post players that range from 6’4-6’6. The Big Three consist of Katelyn Adams, Ashley Rininger, and Catherine Kearney. Together these ladies are amazing, and off the court they have infectious personalities.
Cat or CK is always smiling and always ready for anything Christmas related. She loves loves Christmas and her love for the holidays always puts others in good spirits. Kate is so funny to me; if I am ever down I know that I can go to Kate and she will make me laugh. And last but not least, Ash is just so nice and fun to be around.
Coming in as a small post player, I was so scared of them. I just knew that they would be monsters in practice and in post workouts. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Although they do dominate the inside and work hard in practice, the Big Three are so sweet and helpful.
When we have positional workouts and it’s my day to work with the post, it is always so hard being the smallest one of them. Making light of the situation we all decided that we should name me “Little One”. They treat me like I am their little sister and are always finding ways to help me. They will easily block my shot into next week and turn around and tell me what I did wrong and how to make it better.
I love working out with the Big Three and I love watching them play. I’m so glad they made me their little one!
Go Flames!
-Mickayla Sanders, #1
