Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Scandal!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jaymee Fisher-Davis and I'm a freshman on the team this year. When Sarah, or "Coach B" as I call her, asked me to write a blog, I didn't know what topic to pick, but after thinking it over, I'm going to write about my current favorite TV show, Scandal.

Scandal is actually the favorite TV show of many of the players on the team. When we are on the road, Brittany, Devon, Emily, Ashley, Tolu, Julia, and myself always cram into Brittany's hotel room at watch it. It's our Thursday night tradition; and since we typically have a game on Thursdays, we always have to hustle after the game so we can get back to the hotel by 10pm to watch it!

We usually watch Scandal together when we are at home as well and sometimes grab dinner before, but it isn't quite as memorable since we don't have to crowd ten people into a single hotel room!

My favorite character is Olivia, because she is really smart and always figures out the little things. I really enjoy the intense political drama, because I am constantly wondering what is going to happen next.

It might sound strange, but Scandal really does help our team bonding. We are always talking about the show during practice - "Can you believe she did that?!?" or  "What's going to happen next week?!?" - and it is fun to be able to share something small like this with all of my teammates. It's the little things in life that make it great, right?

Go Flames!

-Jaymee Fisher-Davis, #10